Family Counseling & Family Therapy in NYC
Good times, bad times, or everything in between, there’s a lot of love in a family. With emotions running high, no matter how much love there is deep down inside, there are times when things can get pretty heated between parents, between parents and kids. The entire family may go reeling as tempers fly and family members dig in their heels. This is when family counseling and therapy can help. We offer just those services.
Tammy and her team are devoted to assisting families tackle all of the problems that can plague them in this day and age. She offers a safety zone where all parties can feel free to openly discuss their thoughts and feelings in an honest and trusting environment. As a mother of three, Tammy understands the delicate balance between family, career, household responsibilities, financial issues, and everything else that can throw a wrench into the fragile mix.
Family Counseling & Family Therapy in NYC: How Do We Know If We Need Counseling?
No family is happy-go-lucky all of the time. Particularly in today’s world, there are seemingly endless causes for stress. Any number of unique circumstances have the potential to contribute to an already volatile situation. How do you know when it’s time to seek professional counseling?
- Does any family member have a substance abuse problem?
- Is anyone having a rough time coping with a possibly traumatic experience?
- Has a child’s behavior at school or at home changed significantly?
- Does any member of the family feel hopeless or helpless?
- Have any family members been threatened with or are experiencing violence?
- Does anyone seem to be pulling away or withdrawing from others?
- Has communication broken down to an intolerable level?
- Do emotional reactions seem to be unreasonable or extreme on anyone’s part?
- Is anyone having difficulty functioning normally in their everyday life?
A “yes” answer to one or more of those questions could mean that your family might benefit from counseling.
Family Counseling & Family Therapy in NYC: How Can My Family Benefit from Counseling and Therapy?
Tammy offers counseling and therapy services to help you and your family through the rough patches life throws at you. Still, sometimes it’s hard to see how l setting up therapy sessions will actually benefit your family. Tammy can help everyone address behaviors and feelings that interfere with daily life. Both long and short term goals will be set up, several of which may be:
- Give parents a break from constantly tending to their children’s demands
- Feel appreciated (through recognition) for your competence and strength
- Listen to an outsider’s descriptions of your child’s/mate’s strengths and competencies
- Listen to an adult who is completely objective address sensitive issues
- Decide who your family members can turn to in the future when a problem arises
Tammy understands all of these goals and can help your family set them up and carry them out.